Australian time zones:
AEDT – Australian Eastern Daylight Time
- Only some locations are currently on AEDT.
Locations that are on AEDT part of the year are currently on AEST (Australian Eastern Standard Time).
Current time in Macquarie Island
Friday, May 26, 2017 at 12:52:22 PM AEDTMacquarie Island is on AEDT all of year 2017
Locations going to AEDT laterCurrent time in Sydney: Friday, May 26, 2017 at 11:52:22 AM AEST
Sydney will stay on AEST until Sunday, October 1, 2017 going to AEDT
Find local time and time zone for a locationWe recommend looking up by location name, not time zone name.
Time zone offset: UTC + 11 hoursAEDT is 11 hours ahead of Coordinated Universal Time (UTC)
Time zone abbreviation: AEDTFull name is Australian Eastern Daylight Time
Email time zone indicator: +1100
An email sent from someone in the AEDT time zone will have the time zone listed as "+1100" in the headers of the email. (However, "+1100" does not have to be in AEDT, as other time zones could have the same UTC offset).For actual dates DST might be observed, look at the examples below
Where and when is AEDT observed?
Australian territories using AEDT in the summer and AEST during the winter
Example location in AEDT
- Sydney - This time zone offset is used during summer in this location
Other time zones in AustraliaGo directly through the links below, or see the Australia time zone list
- ACDT - Australian Central Daylight Time
- ACST - Australian Central Standard Time
- CXT - Christmas Island Time
- AEST - Australian Eastern Standard Time
- LHDT - Lord Howe Daylight Time
- LHST - Lord Howe Standard Time
- NFT - Norfolk Time
- AWDT - Australian Western Daylight Time
- AWST - Australian Western Standard Time
Time zones in other regions
- Central America
- Indian Ocean
- North America
- South America