European time zones:
MSD – Moscow Daylight Time
- MSD is not observed in any location this year.
Locations that used to be on MSD for part or all of the year are now on MSK (Moscow Standard Time) instead.
Currently no cities are observing MSD
Find local time and time zone for a locationWe recommend looking up by location name, not time zone name.
Time zone offset: UTC + 4 hoursMSD is 4 hours ahead of Coordinated Universal Time (UTC)
Time zone abbreviation: MSDFull name is Moscow Daylight Time
Email time zone indicator: +0400
An email sent from someone in the MSD time zone will have the time zone listed as "+0400" in the headers of the email. (However, "+0400" does not have to be in MSD, as other time zones could have the same UTC offset).For actual dates DST might be observed, look at the examples below
Where and when is MSD observed?
Western Russia areas using MSD in the summer and MSK during the winter
- Russia - most western parts extending to Moscow, excluding Kaliningrad
Example location in MSD
- Cheboksary - This time zone offset is used during summer in this location
Other time zones in EuropeGo directly through the links below, or see the Europe time zone list
- BST - British Summer Time
- CEST - Central European Summer Time
- CET - Central European Time
- EEST - Eastern European Summer Time
- EET - Eastern European Time
- GMT - Greenwich Mean Time
- IST - Irish Standard Time
- KUYT - Kuybyshev Time
- MSK - Moscow Standard Time
- SAMT - Samara Time
- WEST - Western European Summer Time
- WET - Western European Time
Time zones in other regions
- Central America
- Indian Ocean
- North America
- South America