Linking to The World Clock
You may link to The World Clock for personal pages, organizational pages, commercial pages, directories and corporate intranet pages as long as you do not change the contents of the links, give the impression to be part of www.timeanddate.com or give the impression that the links are part of your site. Please refer to the Link Policy.
How to link
Generally, you can just find the page you want to link to, and copy the address in the Location-field of your web browser, eg. http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/ and use that as a link, eg.
<a href="http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/">Visit the World Clock</a>Visit the World Clock
You are free to select some other text or URL if you want, eg.
<a href="http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/city.html?n=137"> Current time in Los Angeles </a> - where the stars live
Current time in Los Angeles - where the stars live
Tips and Tricks
Linking to the Personal World Clock
It's generally a bad idea to link to your Personal World Clock at
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/personal.html because it is personal - other people will not be able to see the cities you have and it will only work from your own computer.
Instead, please click on the "Linkable version of this personal clock" link you will find on your personal clock, and use that address for your link instead so that it will work for other people as well:
<a href="http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/custom.html?cities=54,111,166,196,215,248"> Time in some selected cities</a>
Linking to the Fixed Time World Clock
If you have some live radio show that is about to happen, a website you are about to open, a chat that is about to take place, and you want to inform people about when it will start, you can link to the Fixed Time World Clock, which will show current time around the world when your event begins.
- First you go to The Fixed Time World Clock - setup.
- On that page, you select the city and local time the event begins.
- Click on "Show Fixed Time" to generate the wanted list of cities.
- Copy the URL in the Location field (such as:
- Now you can copy that URL into your html-document. Be sure to get the whole address into one line or it will probably not work.
Making long URLs shorter
Some addresses/URLs on timeanddate.com may contain many parameters and be quite long. These URLs can cause trouble if sent via email as they will break into several lines for some mail clients. For this purpose, a "Short URL" service is available on most pages, look for a link labeled "Create short URL to this page" near the bottom of the page.
Use of address in other media
If you want to publish the address in your newspaper, magazine, TV or radio program, you may want to read these recommendations.
Related time zone tools
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- The World Clock – Current times around the world